I just finished watching this delightful but sad Nature video about the albino gorilla, Snowflake, who died in 2003. It was a really interesting look at our history and relationship with gorillas but it didn’t make me like humans more, that’s for sure. I was stoked to find out about the Congo Gorilla Forest at the Bronx Zoo. It’s a 6.5 acre recreation of the native rainforest of the western lowland gorillas. Gorillas are under great threat of extinction due to logging and the bushmeat trade. You can help to preserve these amazing apes by contributing to organizations such as the Wildlife Conservation Society.
- I’ve been working too much. I just asked my cat if she needed a “food update” when I meant “snack” 🤪 - 2 days ago
- RT @jonburkeUK: Politics must be the only profession in which acquiring and using knowledge to make decisions is regarded with contempt. No… - 1 month ago
- I just realized that my wardrobe is seriously lacking in bald eagle shirts! How did I not plan better for today? Happy Inauguration Day! - 1 month ago
- RT @benjaminokeefe: I think about this quote from Elizabeth Warren all the time: “When you give up on a big idea, then you’re giving up on… - 1 month ago
- RT @RDerekBlack: One day there will likely be an even more explicit white supremacist authoritarian in the presidency. The next two years h… - 1 month ago