And I thought the fire breathing babybot would be the last time I saw a ginormous baby robot. Isabel Coixet, the Spanish director who both wrote and directed Bastille (one of the 20 segments from the wonderful film collage, Paris, je’taime) has created an enormous and strangely realistic infant for the Shanghai Expo 2010. In response to the expo’s theme, “Better City, Better Life”, Coixet says she hopes to remind the world that “all our actions have direct consequences on our children’s future and that we have to react to this”. Amen, sister.Vodpod videos no longer available.
- I’ve been working too much. I just asked my cat if she needed a “food update” when I meant “snack” 🤪 - 1 day ago
- RT @jonburkeUK: Politics must be the only profession in which acquiring and using knowledge to make decisions is regarded with contempt. No… - 1 month ago
- I just realized that my wardrobe is seriously lacking in bald eagle shirts! How did I not plan better for today? Happy Inauguration Day! - 1 month ago
- RT @benjaminokeefe: I think about this quote from Elizabeth Warren all the time: “When you give up on a big idea, then you’re giving up on… - 1 month ago
- RT @RDerekBlack: One day there will likely be an even more explicit white supremacist authoritarian in the presidency. The next two years h… - 1 month ago