I’m so stoked to catch We Live in Public (by Ondi Timoner) tonight! This documentary takes a look at dot-com millionaire, Josh Harris, and his incredible social experiment of the 1990’s, Quiet: We Live in Public. The 100+ artists who participated in Harris’ party lived completely free in a New York capsule hotel but agreed to do so under complete video surveillance (which was streamed into the other hotel rooms). After Q:WLiP, he and his girlfriend completed another 6 months living under 24-hour online surveillance which documented and helped to facilitate their breakup and his mental breakdown.
- I just realized that my wardrobe is seriously lacking in bald eagle shirts! How did I not plan better for today? Happy Inauguration Day! - 1 hour ago
- RT @benjaminokeefe: I think about this quote from Elizabeth Warren all the time: “When you give up on a big idea, then you’re giving up on… - 5 days ago
- RT @RDerekBlack: One day there will likely be an even more explicit white supremacist authoritarian in the presidency. The next two years h… - 1 week ago
- I just want to know why our capital is so easy to climb. Maybe we should consider a moat. - 1 week ago
- RT @benjaminokeefe: Donald Trump has the nuclear codes. A source close to him says he has "lost his mind." Mike Pence must immediately b… - 1 week ago